- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- The time, energy, and care you would put into researching a doctor for your child or a school for them to attend is what you should be giving to your investment in this business.
- Offers of one-stop shopping should send the red flag up in seconds. Representation, headshots, classes, castings…oh my! You get the idea.
- It’s simple. Your agent or manager makes money when you make money. Question any up-front fees. No mystery there.
- Google is your friend. You can pretty much pull up information on anyone within a matter of seconds.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. A repeat from above, I know, but so worth the extra read. We all love hearing good things about ourselves and our children, we all love getting deals or discounts, and most of us have falling prey to a good “sell” at times. Meet instinct and gut, you know them. Don’t let your quest for fame betray them.